Getting Started for Local Instructors
Welcome to the CDI! As a local instructor, you are about to begin your CDI journey in equipping the saints for ministry. It will be a lot of work but the rewards you reap along the way will keep you going.
- Your first step is to register using the “Register” button on the menu. Here you will create an account. You’ll enter your email address and a password, along with other profile information. This is necessary for both students and local instructors. It allows our Learning Management System to keep track of student progress and it allows you to access all the CDI course material including video lessons.
- Within a few minutes after registering, you’ll receive an email containing a link that, when clicked, will activate your new account. Be sure to check you spam inbox if you do not see this email.
- Once your account is activated, you can sign in to the website using the “Sign In” button on the menu. When prompted, use your email address along with your password.
- Navigate to the course you wish to lead. We strongly suggest that you start at the beginning with Bibliology and How to study the Bible. This course will lay a solid foundation for everything that follows. It is best to proceed through all six of the courses in order as they build upon one another.
- On the course page, be sure to enroll in the course by clicking the “Take This Course” button. You must do this before the course lessons will be unlocked.
As you work through each CDI course, the Learning Management System will keep track of your progress. You will need to remind your students that they also need to register and enroll online to receive credit for the course. They also must log in periodically to the CDI website and check off the lessons that they have completed so it can be credited to them by the Learning Management System.
Once you have finished all of the lessons in a course, please fill out your online evaluations of each student. You will receive a return email to keep for your records.