Getting Started for Students
Welcome to the CDI! As a student, you are about to begin your CDI journey into God’s Word. It will be a lot of work but the rewards you reap along the way will keep you going.
- Your first step is to register using the “Register” button on the menu. Here you will create an account. You’ll enter your email address and a password, along with other profile information. If you do not have your own email address, you’ll need to get one to register for the CDI. You are unique and your email address must be unique too! It is free and easy to get a Google gmail.com email address.
- Within a few minutes after registering, you’ll receive an email containing a link that, when clicked, will activate your new account. Be sure to check you spam inbox if you do not see this email.
- Once your account is activated, you can sign in to the website using the “Sign In” button on the menu. When prompted, use your email address along with your password.
- Navigate to the course you wish to take. We strongly suggest that you start at the beginning with Bibliology and How to study the Bible. This course will lay a solid foundation for everything that follows. It is best to proceed through all six of the courses in order as they build upon one another.
- On the course page, be sure to enroll in the course by clicking the “Take This Course” button. You must do this before the course lessons will be unlocked.
As you work through each CDI course the Learning Management System will keep track of your progress. Once you have finished all the lessons for a course and fill out your student self-evaluation the course will be credited as complete!
Those taking the CDI in a classroom setting with a local instructor such as a pastor or Bible teacher will need to sign in to the CDI website periodically and check off the lessons that they have completed to get credit.